Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sobbing Jennifer Lopez loses control as she sends home tragic American Idol contestant

Sending home contestants who don't make the cut is a vital part of the show.
But Jennifer Lopez lost control as she was forced to cut one of her favourite contestants from American Idol tonight.The pop star wept uncontrollably as she faced the reality of crushing the hopes of tragic Chris Medina.

She told Medina: 'It was honestly a pleasure to meet you, someone like you, that was a blessing for me.'
After he walked away she sobbed: 'I just feel like I didn't tell him in the right way. I felt so bad. I don't want to do this anymore...I can't.'

 Too much: Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson attempt to console the wailing Jennifer



 I can't do this anymore! Jennifer Lopez loses control as she is forced to send home tragic contestant Chris Medina on American Idol tonight.Out of control: Jennifer's emotions got the better of her
Heading home: Despite his heart-breaking story Chris Medina did not make the final cut




But it wasn't a bad day for everyone.

After her frequent dramatic breakdowns throughout the competition, Ashley Sullivan might have been expected to be on edge.

Instead she and her supportive boyfriend David took the opportunity of being in Vegas to get hitched.

Sales assistant Ashley, from Springfield, Massachusetts chose an unconventional white top and black trousers for her bridal outfit and hired a veil, garter and bouquet from the chapel.

And if viewers feared romance was dead they hadn't seen anything yet.

'If you have cold feet I don't care,' Ashley told her boyfriend as they made their way to the chapel. 'You're going through with it or I'll kill you in your sleep my precious.'

They headed to the wedding chapel where Britney Spears had her 55-hour marriage to Jason Alexander.

'She's my hero,' said a delighted Ashley as she brushed over the fate of Britney's nuptials.

But if Ashley's new husband was hoping for a wedding night to remember he had another thing coming.

'This has been great and fun, and getting married was a blast, but I have a really big day tomorrow so bye,' the wannabe pop star told him.

And while she was then cut from the show, she handled that better than she did her earlier solo appearances.

'I got married in Vegas. How could I sit here and say "I wish I got more from this?"' an upbeat Ashley said after learning her fate. 'I've been to American Idol. That's sick.'

Back on the stage a third of the contestants were cut, before the 40 remaining heading back to Los Angeles for a final attempt to impress the judges and make it into the final 24.

They they sat down for a chat with the judges, who broke the good or bad news as gently as possible.

Clint Jun Gamboa, Naima Adedapo, Haley Reinhart, Paul McDonald and Ashthon Jones all made it through - with the rest of the 24 to be revealed on Thursday night's show.


 Heading home: Despite his heart-breaking story Chris Medina did not make the final cut








Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment